Often companies come to Zepol to find a way to look up Bills of Lading for their company’s shipments. They want to track how their shipments are being processed by U.S. Customs and ensure that their suppliers and transportation providers (NVOCCs, freight forwarders, customs brokers, and carriers) are correctly moving their shipments through their supply chain. This compliance work is a continuous task that saves them hours of work finding shipment data in their own systems.
U.S. Customs trade data tools, like our TradeIQ
product, make it easy for companies to not only monitor their own shipments, but also see what their competitors are doing. Zepol has set up an easy-to-use interface that allows users to save their monthly searches and reduce work by pulling the newest data (up to 3 days after U.S. Customs clearance) quickly. By researching how shipments are entering the United States, companies are able to:
- Compare how they are declaring products compared to their competitors
- Benchmark their shipment volume against their competition
- Know if their suppliers are working with other U.S. manufacturers
- Ensure their NVOCCs and other transportation providers are meeting the requirements of their contracts
- Evaluate and find new suppliers